Painter - Artiste peintre
``L'essence de la couleur et de l'imaginaire - The essence of color and imagination ``
French painter, born in Paris, France.
- Donatello Prize - Florence - 2023 January 21st.
- Anima Mundi Academia - Honorable mention - December 2022
- London Prize - The Best Modern and Contemporary Artists - December 2022
- Faces of Peace - International Art Prize - October 2022
- ATIM'S Top 60 Masters - June 2022
- Power of Creativity Art prize - August 2021
- Collector's Vision International Art Award - May 2021
- Merit Prize Award - Art show International 2021
- Winner Award ``Artist of the Future`` - Contemporary Art Curator - 14/11/2020
I am predominantly a self-taught artist, and i am not following any particular artistic movement. I paint, draw for the pleasure of creation, hoping to share moments of emotion with those who appreciate modern art. I offer energetic, powerful abstract works, often inspired by nature, with the constant search to bring emotions and pleasure.
Influences: Richter, Rothko, Picasso, Klimt, Basquiat, Modigliani, Monet, Van Gogh, Lempika.
“Patrick Joosten’s flowing gestures are full of emotional dedication. His artworks convince predominantly with the pathos of their colors. With his acrylic paintings, Joosten takes observers to a new reality, created by his wide brush stroke, and his way of scraping one color across the next to create unique transitions. The traces of his tools bear witness to his process-oriented way of working.
The texture of colored spaces is a special focus in his work. The resulting stretches of painting become screens of projection for the observer’s thoughts, emotions and dreams. Abstraction seems to have grown a soul. At times, a deep Sky blue starts a conversation with bright red structures, or an immaterial lemon-yellow run into a figure sporting a gray design.”